Hot off the web Canon has just announced that it has just released new firmware update for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
The Canon EOS 5D Mark II Firmware Update 1.2.3 fixes improves on the fix of several phenomenon which version 1.2.1 resolved, in addition an additional feature allowing the brightness of the Cameras LCD monitor to be adjusted when a HDMI cable is connected.
The full list of improvements and fixes is as below:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false color along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
The firmware update can be obtained from here: Canon EOS 5D Mark II Firmware 1.2.3 Firmware Details and Download
The full product advisory can be found here: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware 1.2.3 Product Advisory