Canon 3 November Global Product announcement – Canon have sent out invitations for a global product announcement for 3 November 2011 in Hollywood, what product or products will be released is anyone’s guess however Wide Open Camera suggest the company may be releasing several DSLR and Lenses, with a possible much anticipated Canon EOS 5D Mark III or Canon EOS 5D X, the full list is below:
Here is what WOC is saying about the announcement:
- There will be at least two cameras announced, possibly three.
- PL and EF for sure. I also think a 5D3 will be “announced” but not shown.
- A Set of Canon Prime Lenses will be shown. All manual capability.*** This is Big.
- We already know about two PL zooms shown at NAB 2011.
- Removable LCD.
- No 60P Full HD. Only 720
- 4:2:2 with 4:4:4 Upgrade as an additional upgrade.
- $10K plus for the EF model and up to $15K for the PL version.
- I think the 5D3 will be a little higher than 5D2 at around $3K.
- There will be less expensive models to follow.