Canon has released a firmware update for the Canon EOS 5D Mark II the firmware update version is 2.0.8 and includes both changes and fixes to the previous firmware.
Firmware Update 2.0.8 for the Canon EOS 5D Mark II changes and fixes the following:
- Video Shooting Fix: Resolves issue In which movies/videos are not shot in the mode setup in the users’ setting for video shot in aperture or shutter priority mode, which has been customized in a users C1, C2 or C3 user setting modes.
- Overexposure fix: Resolves issue in which overexposure occurs while shooting Live View simulation and the ISO speed set to L
- Speedlite Transmitter Fix: This fixes an issue in which the Speedlite transmitter ST-E2 reverts to default settings when the ST-E2 and Canon EOS 5D Mark II are set to auto power off.
- Macro Ring Lite Sync Issue: Fixes issue in which a Macro Ring Lite (MR-14EX,MT-24EX) and slave flash don’t sync when shooting remotely/wirelessly.
- Shutter Release Issue: This update resolves an issue in which when the auto power off function is set to on the shutter will not release.
As with all previous Canon EOS 5D Mark II firmware updates, this firmware can downloaded from official site at the below URL:
I have found the below Youtube video that clearly explains the upgrade process, note the video mentions earlier firmware versions however the method for update is still the same. Enjoy and we appreciate your comments in the comments box below.